Are you a natural leader who inspires both internal teams and clients to push the limit and do their best work? If so, it is time to join our thriving team at our HQ in Calgary and align strategy for aspiring cult brands. We need a thinker with the innate ability to build consensus, see challenges from every perspective, and grasp all opportunities.
A strong Engagement Advisor:
- Is a Client relationship expert that understands the ins and outs of their clients business, goals, strategies, hopes and dreams.
- Manages and leads the account, running autonomously in most Client engagements.
- Proactively looks for ways to grow the Client’s business and sell Cult’s IP with help from Engagement Director and Chief Engagement Officers.
- Provides Client and project team leadership.
- Promotes the expansion of business with existing clients. Pushes and challenges clients and our firm both creatively and strategically.
- Manages and sets Client expectations developing a robust and resilient relationship with the Client.
- Is responsible for Client satisfaction and collaboration with the Client to achieve all goals set forth.
- Has a sponge-like brain capable of absorbing more knowledge about our client’s business and category than they have themselves.
- Facilitates kickoff meetings with the creative team and Chief Engagement Engineers.
- Plays a developing role alongside Strategists in building the Client’s business, generating new strategies and anticipating needs.
- Is responsible for revenue recognition. Works closely with VP Operations on forecasting and month-end revenue dollars.
- Has marketing curiosity plus the savvy intelligence to push your own thinking and our collective work where no marketing has boldly gone before.
- Trains, mentors, manages and develops the skills of internal Engagement Coordinators.
- Is accountable for $1-1.5MM in revenue
- Managing the day to day Client relationship (mid-level).
- Building Statement of Value (SOV) documents and strategic plans and making sure that everything is executed to plan and on time.
- Ensuring all outsourced work is of high quality and aids in the overall brand strategy.
- Facilitating client meetings.
- Communicating and negotiating pricing/ retainer status/ overages and incremental funding as required.
- Managing the smooth production of campaigns – from briefing designers and copywriters to managing budgets.
- Developing audience engagement messaging briefs and project initiation briefs.
- Managing internal teams by: providing appropriate insight into the Client's strategic business initiatives; challenging them and holding them accountable; assessing all work to make sure it is on strategy; and giving insight and feedback.
- 5-7 years of experience
- Able and available to travel within North America
- Post-secondary education, or truly stellar University-of-Life credentials.
- Familiar with macOS/iOS environments.
- The ability to forget everything you ever knew about ad agencies and their outdated focus and processes—we’re about the future, and your number one job here will be to help us build and share it
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those deemed qualified will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Whoa, wait… Cult?
Chill, we’re not one of those creepy cults Mom warned you about. Although much of the dictionary definition does seem to fit. We’re certainly a group of people bound together by a devout belief in common ideals. Yes, we place true enlightenment above all things. And absolutely, we observe sacred rites and rituals that fall outside the traditional mainstream. But only because we have lots of documented proof of how that combination of things consistently gives brands cult-like followings. They’re the reason why Apple is the largest company in the known universe, why tattoo artists have gotten rich on the words “Harley Davidson” and why Coca-Cola can make the worst product decision of 20th century and still come out on top. They should also be the reason you submit your résumé along with a short cover letter explaining why you’re done working for traditional agencies, and ready to start an enlightened journey of discovery at Cult, Canada’s first engagement marketing agency.